You have no items in your shopping cart.
How to Get Your Insurance Covered Breast Pump
Your insurance will most likely pay for your breast pump! Really!
Why? According to Healthcare.Gov, “Health insurance plans must provide breastfeeding support, counseling, and equipment for the duration of breastfeeding. These services may be provided before and after birth.” That’s part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), often dubbed “Obamacare”, which aims to take care of moms and their babies.
Are planning to breastfeed or give your baby breastmilk
Are planning to return to work or school
May have aversions to having the baby at breast
Have a history of low milk supply in the family
Have thyroid conditions, breast surgery, or any other factors that may mean that you’d need to consider having a breast pump, etc.
… Ask Your Insurance These Questions:
- Do you cover electric breast pumps?
- Do I need a prescription?
- When can I receive a pump? Months in advance, closer to due date, or does my baby need to be born first?
- Can I select from which Durable Medical Equipment (DME) supplier to get my pump?
- Are breastfeeding supplies and accessories covered? (Some insurance plans cover accessories like extra valves, replacement parts, flanges, and even milk storage bags)
If your insurance states that you can only get one brand of pump, they are often wrong! Find out if you can select the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) supplier to get your pump, and you’ll be able to get more choices. Most mothers can get an Ardo Calypso!! If in doubt, contact Ardo directly (see link below)!
How do You Get an Ardo Breast Pump?
The process is done in 3 simple steps:
- You go to the Ardo referral site: www.ardo-usa.com/ardo-dme-referral.
- After you enter your basic information like name, contact, insurance, due date, Ardo will match you with an Ardo-authorized supplier who accepts and bill your insurance.
- Once matched, the authorized supplier will ship an Ardo Calypso breast pump to you. In some cases, you may even be able to pick up your pump the same day in the supplier’s store.
- 47 comments